Wednesday 22 April 2015

St Anne's Feast - Aug 1

It's been a few years since I last went to St Anne's Feast.. I am not a Catholic but I am compelled and "obligated" to return to give thanks annually (actually) for a prayer for me answered when I was very young.. I did not ask what, why, when, how because those are not important..

St Anne's Church is a Roman Catholic Church in Bukit Mertajam, Penang.. Built in 1888, it has since expanded and a new building was erected some 10 years back, and the hill behind the church has become off-limits to the public.. Those days you can climb the hill and light candles and offer prayers all the way up.. Perhaps it was too dangerous that it's not possible anymore..

The last time I came was in 2012.. I would normally be very quick in doing what I have come to do and leave soon after.. In 2012 I sat through the morning mass though..

Unlike the other, donations made to churches are not tax-deductible.. But it's made in good faith because it's more blessed to give than receive (??). I always believed so and my visits always accompanied by an undisclosed amount.. I won't call it a tithe or an offering either, just simple donation.

This year the official Feast date is 1 August and I am already planning my roadtrip up north.. Alone if I have to..

Just to fulfil my obligation..






No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!

So firstly, I would like to wish you guys a very Happy New Year 2023! I spent the New Year's holiday with my boyfriend in Thailand, in P...

Popular Posts