Saturday 4 September 2021

Tribute and why my friendship with Chris Hansen was nothing short of extraordinary.

Chris and I have been online friends for way more than a decade. He began reading this blog in the very early days. He never failed to comment on most of my blogposts, and slowly over time, we began to connect and talk. 

When I was in a major financial crisis a few years ago, Chris offered assistance, and thought of many ways to help me, including offering to loan me money and offered to buy my used underwear. 

When I visited London in Sept 2016 on a holiday, Chris opened up his home and hosted me for the entire week I was in London, cooked dinner on one of the evenings as we talked over wine. As he was recuperating from a surgery just before my visit, he wasn't able to accompany me or bring me around London or outskirts to the countryside (which I went alone), all the way to Bath.

The last time I spoke or rather chatted with Chris was a just a week or two ago, where he offered to send me gifts of white underwears and white swimtrunks from various British brands as I have a thing for underwear and swimtrunks. But I did not take him up on his offer. 


Dear Chris, it's been my pleasure and honour to call you friend. Even as we are at opposite ends of the planet, technology have made things possible, and our friendship possible, 

Thank you for your friendship, your kindness and your bitchiness and wit. I will miss you. May your soul rests in peace. 


Chris passed away at his home
in London at noon on 3 Sept 2021


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!

So firstly, I would like to wish you guys a very Happy New Year 2023! I spent the New Year's holiday with my boyfriend in Thailand, in P...

Popular Posts