Friday 30 March 2018

Intern #2

It's been a while since I last rant on Intern #2..

So on average, he's been absent from work without reason, without informing anyone about one day a week.. so far he has been missing-in-action for 4 random days..

Twice, I caught him slacking and taking tea breaks at the coffeeshop downstairs during office hours.. It's one thing to ask for permission to go out and get food if one is hungry during working hours, that is almost always allowed because we are all humans.. It's another thing altogether to just go missing and nobody knows anything about it..

I caught him not once but twice.. and he has no good reasons for it.. So to save myself the sanity, I noted that down in his attendance sheet..

You think that's it?


He is late to work everyday anyway.. coming in 30 mins to an hour late each day.. Once in a while we can understand if there's genuine reasons to be late, but consistently every day late is habitual and not coincidental, so it's no longer excusable..

One day he left early at 5.45pm, again, just coolly packed his bag and walked out.. Nobody knows where is he going, nobody knows why he's leaving early, as his supervisor, he doesn't even bother to at least tell me he's leaving..

I looked on as he walked out of the office.. and all of us were wondering and puzzled.. only to have him return 5 minutes later and shoving his attendance sheet to me and ask me to sign it..

I was like, "what the hell you think you're doing? Leaving and coming back ask me to sign your attendance sheet?"

I refused and I told him I am not going to sign it, and boldly strike off the false timing he wrote and wrote down the actual time he left.. I told him to get the head of department to sign..

He's been up with the HR once and still not smart enough to pack his shit together..

I'm like okay fine, to which I agreed to let him go and transfer him out to other department and just do clerical works such as filing, stamping, packing, photocopying etc..

It is in fact what he's good for.. He can't even do his work right and my team has to go through his work and redo everything.. this is a price-sensitive industry, one wrong price and customer will hold us by the edge of the knife demanding we honour it.. and that is something I cannot afford to have happened..

I've already disabled his access into the system because I did not want him to touch anything more.. I have enough of him..



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!

So firstly, I would like to wish you guys a very Happy New Year 2023! I spent the New Year's holiday with my boyfriend in Thailand, in P...

Popular Posts