Sunday 1 January 2017

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Year after year, we realised time flies faster and faster.. Has it really been that fast, or was it our perception of time that has changed?

Do you remember the time when you were still in school and the days gone by oh so slowly? Science did show us that the Earth did spin a tad little faster, but by a fraction of a fraction of a second so minute that it shouldn't have any impact on our lives, but has it?

We are all working adults now, dragging our feet through workdays, has it gone slower or faster?

It wasn't that long ago when we just welcomed 2016, and now it's gone, along with it, many notable people.. But some people are just still alive and kicking, when would they drop dead?

Looking back, I'll like to summarise the below..

It has been 17 years since I left school..
It has been 22 years since I left primary school..
It has been 2 years since I declared single, but dated here and there..

It has been 10 years since I left Singapore.. I do not miss working in Singapore because I was made to feel alienated, why, I was just a foreign worker digging into the dollar to be brought back to Malaysia, those days the dollar was trading at RM2.10 and it was considered quite high already! On a good day at the money changer, you get RM2.10, most of the time you get around RM2..

It has been 8 years since I left IKEA.. Don't get me wrong, I missed working in IKEA.. it's one of the best workplaces ever, many of the people I've worked with and met are still friends today.. I often had huge projects like the New Year's Countdown Party to be part of and meeting celebrities are just part of the work - I've met my singer idol Fish Leong backstage, took photographs and had her autographed my tee..


~.~.~

2017.. I don't much much of a concrete plan what I want to do this year.. mainly because I'm lying low hahaha (and people laughed at me when I said I will not travel much this year!)..

For a start, I will be going off to Bangkok before Chinese New Year to spend my birthday weekend away.. it sucks when my birthday falls on Chinese New Year (hint hint) which means it's gonna be a boring CNY.. not that my birthdays every year are with much celebration, but I rather be travelling ON my birthday instead of sitting at home watching dong dong chiang..

I probably want to go for Taipei 101 Towerthon this year, do my diving licence, and go to Tokyo for mid year holiday... actually my family also wants to go Tokyo and I've promised my friends... so I expect to be going Tokyo twice this year..

Other than that, I have nothing much planned out..

See you 365 days later here..

2 comments:

Featured post

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!

So firstly, I would like to wish you guys a very Happy New Year 2023! I spent the New Year's holiday with my boyfriend in Thailand, in P...

Popular Posts