Tuesday 7 April 2020

My diving journal

So I finally picked up a new hobby - diving!

I've actually wanted to take up diving for many years but didn't manage to find the time for it, until last year (coz last year I worked from home and needn't need much reporting, basically it's just wasting time doing nothing much)..

I signed up at the Malaysian International Dive Expo (MIDE) in May 2019 and in June, I went.. I recommend my diving school, B&J Dive Tioman for their friendliness and professionalism..

Barely one year later, I have logged 23 dives, 3 islands and 3 certifications, but just like everything else the more you do it, the better you get..

Along the way I have also invested in some equipment, such as:
- mares Avanti Quattro+ fins
- mares One Vision Sunrise mask
- mares Ergo Dry snorkel
- Aqualung i300C dive computer
- GoPro Hero 7
- DSMB & spool
- water shoes & booties
- rashguard top
- underwater camera housing kit for my GoPro
- pointer sticks (I lost 1 in the sea)
- some D-rings and carabiners

Basically here's what I've done since my open water:
June 2019 - Open Water, Tioman
Sept 2019 - Fun dives, Bali
Nov 2019 - Advanced Open Water & Nitrox, Tioman
Jan 2020 - Fun dives, Phuket
??? 2020 - Fun dives, Tioman (I was supposed to go during Labour Day but due to Covid-19 and my current financial situation, I have decided to postpone it to a later date, probably going to push it to Sept or Oct before the end of the 2020 dive season).

So this post shall be about my Open Water in Tioman.. my first time to Tioman..

Tg Gemok Ferry Terminal at 5am

Counter is open

Ferry ticket, boarding pass, Marine Park ticket

Time to board @ 6.45am

Inside the ferry

Pardon my sleepy face

ABC jetty

My upgraded room which I won 

Private shower

Office, classroom-cum-service center and open seating area

B&J Tioman office

Equipment room

Training pool

B&J Bar


Outside my room

Hey hey

Let's go diving

So nice

Sunset at the jetty

It was a good day to go diving; but it's also the day where I witnessed
a water accident

Buoyancy control wasn't good yet

I earned some drinking time after finishing the dives

CORONA CORONA.. but this is Corona Extra... 

Gerai Mawar..
I like their food.. reasonably cheap for Tioman prices

On my last dive, because this is when I officially finished my Open Water

New diver with my instructor

Leaving the island with bucket list item checked

Before stepping off Tioman, I did go back a second time for my Advanced
and also booked a third Tioman trip for 2020



Upcoming next, I dived in Bali where I came very close to manta rays off Nusa Penida, and also had the chance to try drift diving as well as wreck diving.. it was exciting! I would have my GoPro with me already so there'll be video footages, but I am having problems extracting it to the computer..



2 comments:

  1. Great pics. Would like to see your GoPro videos from diving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... I mean I have it in my FB albums - it's just that once I posted in FB I removed it from my phone due to the sizes (and I have quite a bit of videos)... so now I can't extract it from FB, have to go back to my GoPro and find a way to put it into the PC..

      Delete

Featured post

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!

So firstly, I would like to wish you guys a very Happy New Year 2023! I spent the New Year's holiday with my boyfriend in Thailand, in P...

Popular Posts