Wednesday 8 April 2020

Diving in Bali

Bali is a unique place to dive, in my humble opinion..

For one, it is facing the open Indian Ocean, meaning currents can be pretty strong here.. In fact, yes it is.. And in September the waters are cold but a wetsuit is sufficient, sea temperatures are between 20-25degrees depends on where and when.. For diving in Bali, it is recommended for 5mm full wetsuit..

During my dives in Bali, I learnt drift diving, learning how to dive in very strong currents, how to control buoyancy in currents.. My divemaster also took me around wrecks and sunken stuffs..

I dived with Manta-Manta Diving Bali, I can vouch for their professionalism and small groups using local boats, which in turn provide jobs for local communities..

The hotel bathroom.. it's a 3-star hotel in Kuta, but for this bathtub, I'm all in!

Laying by the pool when I have the time

Small pool but good enough

Sanur Beach where most of the diving trips departs from.

Loading up the boats with tanks and equipment

Before the drive trip, a briefing is conducted.
Things in briefing include weather conditions, sea conditions, waves, dive plan and buddies pairing.

As I usually dive alone, I am always paired one-to-one with the divemaster.

Loading up and ready to depart.

That's me, getting as close as I can get to one huge manta ray.

Manta ray

Roasting during surface interval, between dives.
It is important to keep warm and drink lots of water during surface interval.

I also have the time to record some video and take some photo at one quiet corner along the beach.

Tanah Lot 

Tanah Lot 
I also tried Bali Swing..
I would say it's just an expensive tourist attraction that isn't that worth..


Wahaha - BEST PORK RIBS in Bali
I recommended it.
And reasonably priced as well.

Following are the videos I recorded on my GoPro.. enjoy!

2 baby sharks hiding in among the stones


A tourist attraction. 
This submarine vessels brings tourist down to explore divers.


A huge manta ray 


More manta rays


There's a shark there, can you see it?


A sudden strong current propel us


Just chilling with a greenback turtle


Just circling this shipwreck because there's no swim-through




4 comments:

Featured post

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!

So firstly, I would like to wish you guys a very Happy New Year 2023! I spent the New Year's holiday with my boyfriend in Thailand, in P...

Popular Posts