Wednesday 27 March 2019

Shanghai Trip

Barely a week after Beijing, I was travelling to Shanghai on work on the second week of December 2018.. It was my first work trip in the new company which I joined after coming back from Beijing.. 

It was also on this trip that I picked up my China-issued laptop, in total complete Mandarin, and it took 2 days for the IT guys to reinstall all the softwares and reprogram everything back to English.. Except Chrome, which unfortunately is still in Mandarin..

So I flew with Malaysia Airlines to Shanghai Pudong Airport, and from there, I took Didi for the hour long 50km journey across Shanghai to Hongqiao where the office is, and where I would be staying for 3 nights..

Boarding Pass

Awaiting departure in KLIA

I prefer a window seat on flights that are lesser than 6 hours whereby I don't need the toilet

Breakfast.. nasi lemak yang tak telanjang

OEM ice-cream as dessert

Arriving in Shanghai Pudong in the late afternoon

In Didi car heading towards Hongqiao

For 3 nights, I was put up at Mercure Shanghai Hongqiao, which is a 10-minute walk to the Linkong SOHO, and next to Shanghai Hongqiao Airport..

It is a cool 4-star hotel with crisp decor (the banner above is shot here on the sofa).

Entrance door and sink

Semi-frosted toilet and shower

Living area and bed

I looked out of my hotel window and there it is.. Linkong SOHO which houses my company HQ

Free minibar replenished daily!

Remote control for the toilet, and it has a bidet!

Breakfast is included in my room, so here's the restaurant in the morning.. seating was kinda limited though..

Cereal

Restaurant seating from the entrance

Hot food

Hot and cold beverages

Pastry and porridge

Lobby

Reception

Lobby

Staff checking breakfast eligibility
She's wearing a tee with an image of a huge pig 

Dumplings and bao

Ramen... ok I think I overdid with the coriander and spring onions :)


After breakfast, I walked to work, in the cold..

Freaking cold ok
Just me, walking and doing a video recording


There's a cool tea shop at one of the office lobbies (we have about 18 lobbies)

Work day 1 was spent in this tea shop, there's plenty of conference rooms for staff to work..
I ordered the pomegranate tea, which is very delicious..
And it's on the house or rather the company paid for it..

We also have our lunch here..
I ordered the salmon and tea was poured into the bowl for the taste to infuse with the rice

Inside the office.. You must know your way or you'll get lost inside the building..
About 30,000 staff works here

From the rooftop overlooking Shanghai Hongqiao Airport..
The buildings behind are also part of our HQ complex

Must selfie on the rooftop!

It also comes with a jogging track all along the rooftop.. 

Lobby #16  
Somewhere in between the blocks


More in between the blocks..

One with the sign

The main plaza or Lobby #18 aka Pavilion


Next.. my weekend in Shanghai.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!

So firstly, I would like to wish you guys a very Happy New Year 2023! I spent the New Year's holiday with my boyfriend in Thailand, in P...

Popular Posts