Thursday 18 January 2018

New year new damages

The new year didn't start off quite well..

My car had to be sent in to the workshop to undergo a complete makeover as it was soon discovered that there's water in the engine, but it wasn't due to flood or related..

Cylinder head bolts
The water came from the radiator tank.. Long story short, a snapped cylinder head bolt punctured one of the hose causing leakage of the water into the engine and air filter.. These things are huge, 15cm a piece and made of solid metal.. and my car engine has 10 of it.. so as a precaution, all 10 were replaced and it didn't come cheap..

The first step was to drain the engine and replace the air filter, then it was the tedious part of taking the engine apart - all of it - replaced what's damaged and dry out the rest..

All in all it took about 10 days.. during which time I was using the spare car the workshop loaned me but it was a very rickety old car that can't do more than 80kph, and plus, it's manual.. Imagine driving that in the traffic jams of KL!

Once it's all done, I realised the left mirror motor was short-circuited and the whole mirror had to be replaced as well.. and it comes in a complete set, original colour, so it had to be spray painted to match the car body colour..

All in all, it cost me over 3 thousand ringgit to fix it.. suffice to say, it is an overhaul.. well, I'm kinda relief because my car is now 7 years old which I will finish paying off the loan this year..

I'm depressed now..

And I have 7 FOC movie tickets that I need to use up by this month, minus the one week I'll be away for holiday...


3 comments:

  1. Fixing an old car is not bad thing...better than paying loans. My old car is still working. More than 10 years old. I finished paying in 5 years and the rest of the 5 were spent on just maintaining it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah, uncommon circumstances.

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!

So firstly, I would like to wish you guys a very Happy New Year 2023! I spent the New Year's holiday with my boyfriend in Thailand, in P...

Popular Posts