Tuesday 30 January 2018

Birthday Trip: 5D4N Chiangmai-Chiangrai (part 1/4)

I may not be an angel, but I am the best angel I can be
Last Sunday was my 35th birthday, and as usual, I always go somewhere around my birthday..

This year I decided to go Chiangmai & Chiangrai.. I've been to Bangkok 19 times, Phuket a few times, Krabi, Pattaya, Haadyai, Songkla once each, but I've never been to Chiangmai or north Thailand so why not..

The only airline that flies direct from Kuala Lumpur is none other than Airasia.. Much as I hate the airline, there's no other direct choice, and with a dirt cheap ticket (under RM250), I can't complain much.. I would not fork out RM1.5k to fly any way via Bangkok..

On arrival into Chiangmai, met up with friends and we explored the city with Uber.. It's easy and the roads are not chaotic and not jammed up.. We stayed in The Leaf Hotel about 4km away from the Tha Phae Gate & airport.. It's just a small property with about 19 rooms and streetside parking, which we parked our car..


Lobby and breakfast areaa

Reception

Coffee, tea and water


Some mall

Halal foodcourt

Suddenly I have a penchant of taking photos in the middle of the road (not the first time I did this, the first time I tried was in Paris)

When the sun goes down, the stalls go up

Another crossing-road picture

Stumbled upon a local foodcourt with okay food, located opposite Hard Rock Cafe

Dare to eat?

Exotic meat

View of the foodcourt

Some cafe with a rainbow signboard (too bright to be seen here)

Some restaurant that look quite atas 

The canal in front of Tha Phae Gate.. quite peaceful amid the traffic

A songtheaw, a public taxi 
Decoration outside a restaurant


So I selfie lor

I love mango!

The endless choices of smoothies!

Desserts time!

My travelling party this time

Mr Mango says hi too!

Tha Phae Gate

Another view of Tha Phae Gate


Next post...
The next day, we drove out to Doi Inthanon National Park to camp there for a night..


1 comment:

  1. After awhile, thailand is so boring. can go so many times ah?

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!

So firstly, I would like to wish you guys a very Happy New Year 2023! I spent the New Year's holiday with my boyfriend in Thailand, in P...

Popular Posts