Friday 15 September 2017

A profound tribute to a special teacher

No words can describe the immense sorrow we all felt
The battle is over, rest in peace Aunty
You did not give up
Neither did we
Everyday we prayed for a miracle 
for our Good Lord to have mercy on you

In school you were our teacher
Outside of school, you were the mother of our close friend
A guardian, a counselor, a mentor
A mom

We came to you for advise
We came to you for motherly guidance
You always had time for us
Sharing in our jokes
and laughing at our misdemeanor 
laughing at our gossips
laughing at us

Your son and I are the best of friends
Since kids to adulthood
Rest in peace knowing that we will always be
The best of friends

It's true all the times he said he was at my house many a night
We would just sit by the porch 
and talk all night
You didn't worry
You trusted him
You trusted me
You trusted us, our friendship
Because we are the best of friends 
and that's what friends do

As we bid you farewell tonight and tomorrow
Rest in peace Aunty
knowing we will honour your memory
your selfless sacrifices 
your endless love for your children and family
and your students


The wreath my friends and I sent to the family

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!

So firstly, I would like to wish you guys a very Happy New Year 2023! I spent the New Year's holiday with my boyfriend in Thailand, in P...

Popular Posts