Wednesday 13 March 2024

I really did know how to play the guitar

Strumming my pain with your fingers.. 
The only pain is my fingers.. 

I actually knew how to play the guitar.. I only stopped in Grade 3 because lessons were getting so much tougher and the teacher was mean to me, in a way.. He kinda pushed me so hard that going to class became a dreadful thing, I cried too on some lessons.. Can't blame me, I was like 10 years old! 

One of the biggest reasons was because I was music-notes illiterate.. I cannot read music notes, then or even now.. I learnt to play by listening, memorising, and then my fingers just move to replicate it, and I kinda did pretty okay to get to Grade 3! 

In a way, I never really learnt the chords, I just knew where my fingers should be to make the sound it should make, at the speed it should be.. 

I used to play alongside my sister - she would play every evening on the her piano, and we both shared a metronome at home.. I also tuned my guitar by myself to her piano, again that was by listening.. 

So.... guessed what was my favourite piece to play? 





.
.

Fur Elise.


:)
Ok - I totally forgotten how to play it already.. it's been more than 30 years since I last touched my guitar. So rusty and forgotten how. 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!

So firstly, I would like to wish you guys a very Happy New Year 2023! I spent the New Year's holiday with my boyfriend in Thailand, in P...

Popular Posts