Saturday 14 September 2019

A short Hatyai getaway

When I said I am not travelling at the moment, I am just lying..

Because end of August during the National Day, I went with my friends on a roadtrip to Hatyai.. We took the train from KL to the international border and crossed into Thailand on foot..


This is a video that I made using my GoPro..

It was a 3D3N roadtrip where we took an overnight train departing KL Sentral and arriving at the border at 4.30am.. The Padang Besar immigration counter does not open until 6am, so we had some time to kill at the station, my friends were busy playing games whereas I was busy taking videos and editing some footages..

When the border opens, we walked into Thailand and waited for our ride.. We booked a van to take us from the border to Hatyai, an hour away.. For both ways, it costs only THB2,500 per van and there's 7 of us, so it's cheap (vs the hail-van fare of THB200 per person per way at the customs).

We stayed in PM Residence, the hotel is centrally located just walking distance to Central Hatyai (although its 1km away actually), but it's close enough to everything we needed and wanted..

This trip was to makan, so we spent a lot of the time eating.. not in the footage were DimSum 1 which was at Ahma Dimsum and McDonalds for post-dinner dinner/supper.. I didn't include AhMa Dimsum into the video because of the video length and also I did not have footages there, the shots turned out to be burst photos...

AhMa Dimsum

AhMa Dimsum

There were some really good shots, from the video, as well as photos taken by my friends..

These were the shots that didn't make it into the video.. some are personal photos so I purposely had excluded them from the video..


Swimming pool at the rooftop of PM Residence

My room which I shared with one of my friends

Bathroom 
Just chilling...



Just chilling

Just chilling

Just chilling

Enjoying a break

Caught slacking between shooting

One of the best shots...


August is the month where I blew my money on diving equipments and this GoPro.. I bought a mask and snorkel and fins which costs about RM700 in total, and the GoPro which costs me RM1.7k.. I also spent a lot on the GoPro accessories, setting me back another few hundred..

This is how I chose to label my fins.. because they say, there are 2 types of divers, those who pee in their suit,
and those who lie about it..

I pee in my suit..
And this is inspired by my instructor who has the same warning on his fins..


But it's worth it, because as I am learning how to shoot GoPro videos, I also have plans what I want to shoot... every trip and every gathering and make videos out of it..





And next week I am going to Bali... to dive!

.

6 comments:

Featured post

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!

So firstly, I would like to wish you guys a very Happy New Year 2023! I spent the New Year's holiday with my boyfriend in Thailand, in P...

Popular Posts