Tuesday 19 February 2019

Impromptu Holiday: Beijing (part 3)

This day was to go up the mountains to see what China is all about - the Great Wall.. We chose Simatai section for it's beauty and unspoilt section (plus some of it lies in ruins untouched) and also the Gubei Water Town for its serene architecture..

All for about USD45 per person, which was a really good deal, including return transport.. 

Gubei Water Town with the Simatai Great Wall at the back

I'm waiting for you

An empty street
An empty heart

Half of Gubei Water Town with Simatai Great Wall as backdrop
Magnificent right? 

Just enjoying the sun and cold weather
and the serene architecture and not many people also

I love this part

So happy that I climbed over the bridge for this shot,
before the police ran towards me blowing his whistle ask me to come down at once.

On the way up to the wall 

Upper station, from here it's about 10mins walk to the first post.

The map

Lower section of the wall, downhill

One of the post

From up there you can see the entire section, but not all is open to public

Taking a rest at the highest point. 

Don't get fooled by the picture, the slope is actually quite steep and the stones are so polished that my shoes have no grip on it.. I almost slipped as it's also quite windy and cold.. 

On the way down, one of the crumbled sections that were never repaired..

The section that was restored, looks more like THE WALL we all know right..


I FREAKING LOVE THIS SHOT..
(camera man: my friend, shot on iPhone X)

We walked down the wall and came to the bottom at the reservoir, so approximately thats the highest point one can get to. 

Exiting the reserves back into Gubei Water Town..

Soon its sunset, and the night shots are equally amazing.. temperature's dropping fast..

The only section of the entire Great Wall of China that you can go up at night, look how it's lighted up at night..


Next, entering into the chambers of the emperors.. I have tales to tell also...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!

So firstly, I would like to wish you guys a very Happy New Year 2023! I spent the New Year's holiday with my boyfriend in Thailand, in P...

Popular Posts