Thursday 3 February 2022

Chinese New Year

I left KL last Saturday at 5.30am for a straight 4 hour drive up north back to my parents' in Bukit Mertajam, Penang..

We have not spent any CNY here before despite them moving back here when I was still in school.. but since we have made the decision during the MCO as a family to put the Ipoh house up for sale, we have begun to clear things out and away.. practically nothing much left there except for some furniture and appliances..

I still have got my guitar in Ipoh, haven't played it for more than 25 years..

Anyway, my sis and her family joined us in Penang as well after 2 years, and my brother came back earlier and spent a week in quarantine as his flight was not a VTL flight..

Hearing the nephews would be back, I bought some fireworks, they loved watching fireworks so yeah..

Spent the past week just at home, no visiting and not allowing relatives to visit due to SOP and covid as my nephews have not been vaccinated..

Its good also go just recharge and leave work behind for a while.. in fact I left both my work and personal laptops in KL.. sooooo not going to touch it for a week..




Annual tradition to light up the red dragon





Also this CNY is much unlike previous, as I will be also heading to Tioman for a quick break and clock up some dives, gonna take on 2 more PADI specialties - Deep & Wreck which will allow me to go deeper to 40m and do wreck penetrations, all while carrying Nitrox tanks..

Problem with Tioman ferries during year end and beginning of the year is the limited frequency which means one ferry per day. Miss it and you're done..

And last but not least, this year may just be better and it's only the beginning :) I have a good feeling about him..

How is your CNY?


3 comments:

Featured post

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!

So firstly, I would like to wish you guys a very Happy New Year 2023! I spent the New Year's holiday with my boyfriend in Thailand, in P...

Popular Posts