Friday 3 December 2021

Escape to Kota Kinabalu

Over Deepavali weekend, I went to Kota Kinabalu.. It was my first time to Sabah, and my first stop logically is Kota Kinabalu..

I actually just want to take the weekend off, after being so hectic busy at work.. 

But since I'm in KK, I might as well go diving for 2 days out of the 4 days.. 

Before depart, it is compulsory to do a RTK/PCR test, only negative result can board the plane.. So at KLIA, there was multiple checks, first one before you join the check-in queue, second time at the check-in counter, third time entering the departure area, fourth time entering the boarding gate, fifth time boarding the plane and last time is upon arrival in Kota Kinabalu International Airport.. 

Each check will check for negative result and MySejahtera.. 

I think that should be the way, more stringent checks must be in place and not to be complacent..

Anyway, as soon as I touched down in KK, before even exiting the airport, JR (a friend in Twitter) already texted me and asked me where my whereabouts, because he was to meet me later in the afternoon after I'm all checked in and settled down, but as he could make it earlier, so he came earlier to find me, for lunch.. 

JR waited for me at the Imago Shopping Mall entrance since I was just staying in KK Times Square, and while I was queueing up to enter, I can see him grinning away shyly.. damn he has very nice legs and he purposely wore shorts to flaunt it.. hahaha damn love his legs.. 

This is the legs that made him stole my heart


Below are photos from my trip:

Health declaration form to fill in before check in



Even on leave also have to work... new thing is WFA - Work From Airport



Hygiene kit - consisting of 2 face mask and hand sanitizer



So what does it feel like back on the plane? 



Brunch on MH2710 Kuala Lumpur - Kota Kinabalu
Chicken curry with rice. 
The chef-on-call, offered in this flight, is a scam. No such thing as pre-order meals, as they will still serve you chicken or fish. AND not what you pre-ordered. 



I was told this Starbucks was new.. but an outdoor Starbucks? 
Damn it's not even condusive.



Triple-bunk bed in the hostel. 
Due to SOP, the middle layer and top layer wasn't used. And the room had another person staying for the long-term but he wasn't around for the weekend, so I get the entire room by myself. 



Sutera Marina.. departing for dive day 1

I booked my dive trips with Dive Downbelow Borneo, a PADI 5-star IDC
together on this weekend dives are some rescue divers candidates taking their exams. 
Makes me remember my rescue diver exam time!



Lovely sun indeed!




Gaya Island - Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park, where Dive Downbelow's DC is located at.



What a view!



Dive briefing



Screengrab showing the super crystal clear waters on dive day 2.
The depth here is about 5 metres.



You know it's a super clear water when you can see all the fish



My fin strap actually broke before even going diving on day 1..
Bugger replacement part costs RM200 for a pair, almost half as much as the price of the fins itself..



I'll always enjoy a glass of long island tea on the last day of diving



Diving burns about 600 calories each time, so gotta load it up with food
@ Shoney's Restaurant & Bar



I also get to try out some local stuffs - triple layer fruit juice (dragon fruit, mango, avocado), together it taste just as good as separately, and finish it off with satay and chicken wings!



When in KK, one must eat seafood, and the seafood so fresh and cheap!!!



This is Frankie, a resident wild boar.. 
Loves to rummage through bags.. So never keep food in your bag here!!


MH2631 Kota Kinabalu - Kuala Lumpur dinner
Chicken briyani... Again I don't want to comment on the chef-on-call service.. 




And the pics from the dives, despite TAR National Park, in my opinion is below my expectations.. Will I dive there again? Yes, but perhaps different dive sites.. Of the 6 dives, I prefer Sulug Island more.. 

















2 comments:

Featured post

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!

So firstly, I would like to wish you guys a very Happy New Year 2023! I spent the New Year's holiday with my boyfriend in Thailand, in P...

Popular Posts