Wednesday 6 December 2017

Switching Insurer

LIFE & MEDICAL INSURANCE
After 12 years with my former life insurer, I decided to switch to another insurer..

The decision wasn't without much thinking, after all, I have saved up significantly quite a fair bit of money in the investment-linked account but it will be December 2018 before I can withdraw it..

It's not to say my former insurer is not good, but there are better ones out there and my former insurer cannot meet my needs any longer..

I've also made a couple of insurance claims over the years due to the surgeries and hospitalisation that I had, resulting in a diminishing lifetime limit, yes, there's such thing as a lifetime limit on my medical plan, which I've calculated that if I just make one or two more surgeries or claim for anything while still alive, I would've completely used up whatever limit I have..

That's pretty sick, considering that I still have like 35 years to maturity! I didn't know that 12 years ago, this was considered pretty sufficient! How costly have medical care become, and there our Government was saying this and that bla bla bla.. fuck you Najib.

So I did look around, considered some options and finally, settled for one..

MOTOR INSURANCE
Likewise, I did the same for my motor insurance too, but as the liberalisation of motor tariffs hasn't brought about much change into the benefits and coverage, I decided to stay one more year with my current motor insurer and see how that would change next year..

TRAVEL INSURANCE
As I travel quite a fair bit, I usually buy annual plans.. I've also switched my travel insurance to another insurer, offering greater coverage and benefits for lower premiums as well..

Key takeaway >> 
In short, shop around and don't stick to just one insurer, especially life insurance, as you know, the money would really be handy when you kick the bucket, anytime, that is..



4 comments:

  1. It's been so long that I last read your blog (too busy with work travel). I am quite surprised by some of your previous post news. Though this is a late comment, I hope that you are having a great December! Do what feels right to you. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The old insurance products pale in comparison to today's offerings. Sometimes need an upgrade to follow the times.

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!

So firstly, I would like to wish you guys a very Happy New Year 2023! I spent the New Year's holiday with my boyfriend in Thailand, in P...

Popular Posts