Wednesday 8 November 2017

What would you do?

Everyday we are faced with dilemma.. Someone asked me, whether job function or industry is more important - I don't know because I have never given it any thoughts before..Which of these two will, in the end, brings more job satisfaction?

So I am opening up to the floor and garner some insights.. I want to hear from people who are especially in one of these situations.. If you are in the right industry and in the right job functions, feel free to share your thoughts as well..

For the purpose of idea sharing, let's leave the salary out because clearly one industry pays better than the other..

Say you have two options..

Option 1: 
The industry is what you are looking for or have always wanted to be in.. However the job function isn't quite what you are looking for.. There is nothing you can do to change the job function, but on the whole it is an industry that you love to be part of.

Option 2: 
The industry isn't quite what you are looking for or have always wanted to be in.. However the job function is exactly what you are looking for.. There is nothing you can do to change the industry, but on the whole it is a job function that you can see yourself doing for a long time..


What would you do?
Which one hold more importance?

Which is more important?

Industry feels right but job function isn't quite right fit
Job function feels right but industry isn't quite right fit



Let's see what kind of insights I will get..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!

So firstly, I would like to wish you guys a very Happy New Year 2023! I spent the New Year's holiday with my boyfriend in Thailand, in P...

Popular Posts