Tuesday 3 March 2015

Staycation Review: Melia Kuala Lumpur

Melia Kuala Lumpur
With my visiting Singaporean friend, I booked out a room in Melia Kuala Lumpur with my Melia points and only top up a couple bucks cash to cover for the short..

I booked a Guestroom and emailed the hotel sales director to be upgraded - and was upgraded to the Premium Guestroom.. larger and more spacious with a sofa, on the 12th floor facing Berjaya Times Square..

Parking for hotel guests was RM3 per entry with ticket validation from the concierge counter.. In fact I think anyone can just park in the hotel and walk right up to the counter to validate the parking ticket since they don't check if you're a staying guests or just want some cheap parking in the shopping belt of Bukit Bintang, considering the malls charge you through the nose and ass for parking charges..

Conveniently located in front of Berjaya Times Square, the hotel is very tired and dated in the rooms and corridor, much untouched from the 80s-era..

- Wifi internet access is provided, and fast too, as there is a router in the room on the desk..
- King sized bed with fluffy pillows
- Lousy airconditioning.. It was so hot that both of us slept in just shorts.. could've been naked though..
- Tiny outdoor pool..
- Slow reception: 20 minutes to check in 2 guests at 2 counters.. Something I really cannot accept..




A crooked toilet seat and the water tank that looked as if it can fall off anytime...

The cupboard door reeks of dampness and bent.. I don't want to know what happened to it..

Overall, I don't think it's a good stay.. I won't have paid that kind of money to stay in such an old hotel, better spend your money elsewhere!







2 comments:

  1. Er...
    Outside look nice but inside yi....
    - Lousy airconditioning.. It was so hot that both of us slept in just shorts.. could've been naked though..
    This is the only one I see it seems like is good one..
    Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaa... he's just a friend lah.. and we've been friends for like 15 years.. and I crashed in his place when in Sydney..

      Don't think too much...

      Delete

Featured post

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!

So firstly, I would like to wish you guys a very Happy New Year 2023! I spent the New Year's holiday with my boyfriend in Thailand, in P...

Popular Posts