Friday 6 February 2015

Jakarta Adventure (Part 2/3: In and around)

As I arrived very late into Jakarta, thanks to the delay at Amsterdam, Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta airports, there's nothing much to do except to get a quick bite in DJournal Grand Indonesia.. BFF was waiting for me at the arrival hall with his driver.. I am amazed that most have drivers or they drive.. And there's always a drivers' waiting area or something that dedicates to the drivers..

Well, supper consist of fries and chicken wings and I quite like the lemongrass tea which is refreshingly cooling.. Then we called it a day..

The next morning, we headed for brunch in Social House or Soho for short.. It is owned by Ismaya Group on the first floor of East Mall.. the restaurant has a bar on one side and it's so big it's not possible to fit everything into 1 picture, so I didn't bother..

Photo from SocialHouse website

"Never work before breakfast. If you have to work before breakfast, eat your breakfast first"
A fine selection of breakfast options.. 

"If you're happy, you eat. If you're sad, you eat. You lose a job, you eat. You get a job, you eat. It's, you know, it's addiction".
DAMN RIGHT.
EAT EAT EAT!!

Homemade Grandma Ice Lemon Tea with Ice-cream.. can be lime/vanilla/lemon.. can't tell..
BUT IT WAS AWESOME!!

Breakfast brunch for us..

After brunch, it's gym time - Fitness First Platinum Grand Indonesia

From FFGI

But first let me take a selfie...

Wearing FF Indonesia attire.. when is FF Malaysia going to provide clothes??
(taken on my last day in Jakarta) 

Super awesome Technogym treadmill with fully functional functions..
(taken on my last day in Jakarta)

Pool in FFGI - connected to the changing room
(taken on my last day in Jakarta)

After gym, we went for a foot massage.. apart from the annoying ticking clock, I'd say it's quite good.. almost fell asleep if not for the hot stone they place under my neck which is a bit far too hot to be comfortable..



After massage, BFF treated me to dinner at Cacaote Senopati.. I super like the decor.. very victorian, princessy and queen diva-ish!!! It's a patisserie, almost fine dining restaurant..

Cacaote welcome desk

Menu

What's a tiny chair doing there?
You'll soon find out....



But first let me take a selfie

Let's dine

Dining Room

Dining Room overlooking the dessert bar

Dining Room

With my BFF

Green Honey (kiwi, apple, honey... etc)

Starter: Escagot & Chicken wings

This is what the chair is used for!!!
Handbags get to sit too!

Macaroons and cakes

More cakes

Sambal bread and normal bread with garlic butter spread

My main course: Barramundi

Dessert: Macaroons and cakes

After dessert, let's have some tea

I can't resist doing the pinky finger!!

Even the toilet is nothing simple!


SocialHouse Grand Indonesia
Food: 
Service: 
Price: $$
Atmosphere/Ambience: 
Overall: 


Cacaote Senopati
Food: 
Service: 
Price: $$$$
Atmosphere/Ambience: 
Overall: 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!

So firstly, I would like to wish you guys a very Happy New Year 2023! I spent the New Year's holiday with my boyfriend in Thailand, in P...

Popular Posts