Wednesday 5 November 2014

Singapore Trip [Part 3/4] - Staying in Swissotel

I have always love staying in a Swissotel property because of the warmth and down-to-earth feeling I get and I was made to feel welcomed, a far contrast from the "highly overrated" Marina Bay Sands (MBS), Swissotel Merchant Court welcomes me like a friend, not just a customer..

From the moment I walked in, doors opened for me and I am supposed to surrender my redeemed certificate for the stay which I don't have with me on hand when I check in, it wasn't a problem, and I'm offered porter services which I politely declined since I can handle my luggages myself (MBS did not even ask if I needed help with my baggage). 

In the room, I find my name on the welcome screen on the TV, which I really appreciate it - it just makes and goes to show that the hotel is ready and eagerly awaiting my arrival.. I was given a room of my preference and choice (on high floor, away from elevator, with my local English newspaper, feather pillows and a good king size bed).






Welcome

And with all Swissotel properties, chocolates are given.. MBS gave me headache..

Swiss chocolates

And I think Swissotel Merchant Court went a little too far in their entertainment offerings.... =) for SGD18++ per title one can pay on demand for adults entertainment lol...

We all know what "ADULT ENTERTAINMENT" means... don't have to be shy!


For the record, below are the hotels I've stayed in in Singapore.
  • Intercontinental Hotel Parco Bugis (birthday staycay, paid special rate for Peranakan suite)
  • Hotel 81 Tristar (continuously for 6 months in 2011)
  • Hotel 81 Classic (only once when H81 Tristar done some refurbishment in my "default" room)
  • Aqueens Lavendar (too scary to stay beside a casket shop....)
  • Royal on Scotts (family trip)
  • Swissotel The Stamford (agent rate)
  • Marina Bay Sands (fully paid for by tradeshow organiser)
  • Swissotel Merchant Court (points redemption)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!

So firstly, I would like to wish you guys a very Happy New Year 2023! I spent the New Year's holiday with my boyfriend in Thailand, in P...

Popular Posts