Wednesday 15 October 2014

Aussie Adventure [Part 9/12] - Melbourne

As I moved on from Sydney to Melbourne, the last leg of my Aussie Adventure, I was already about 10 days into my trip, with about 5 days more to go to spend in Melbourne..

So I flew on Tiger, perhaps a decision I now regret. I should've bought Jetstar earlier, but I was dilly-dallying on whether to fly or take the overnight train. The flight was terrible. It has less legroom compared to the configuration Tiger Singapore uses. And majority of passengers were oversized people, I felt claustrophobic and indeed given a window seat wasn't at all pleasing.

The 1.5 hour flight was pain in the ass as the depressurisation wasn't working very well. My ears were blocked and it was compounded by the sinus cold I had. Upon landing in Melbourne T4, it was a long walk on the tarmac towards T2 as the whole T4 is under renovation, literally non existent. I swear I never had such a terrible flight before.

Tight seat pitch!

When I got to Melbourne, it was freezing cold with temperatures below 10 degrees Celcius when the sun sets. In the day time it averages about 20 degrees Celcius. I had to get a thick pakka jacket as my thin cotton jacket isn't enough to withstand the cold. Even indoors in the Spencer Outlets, I can feel the bitter cold of the night. Gotta put on the jacket.

Pakka jacket I bought from Cotton On Spencer St for $25

Sleep is on the couch at my friend's home - comfortable and huge enough.

The next morning, together with my friend, we head out to Sensory Lab at David Jones Bourke St for some morning coffee before going for the LESMILLS Q3 Melbourne Metro City Workshop in Virgin Active Bourke St..

Table for 1 at Sensory Lab, David Jones Bourke St

We have already launch Q3 in Malaysia when I was in Australia and attending it and doing it for the umpteenth time is always a fun thing.. Too bad my friend couldn't join as he hurt his back, but he brought me there and left me on my own :)


Posing with the wrist band that LESMILLS instructors wear at workshops

Virgin Active Bourke St - cardio zone

Virgin Active Bourke St - indoor pool

Virgin Active Bourke St - GX studio 1

Virgin Active Bourke St - cardio zone 2

With Ann-Marie and Nathan Jones, BODYCOMBAT presenters
at LM Q3 Melbourne metro city workshop

With Michelle Jayne, BODYBALANCE presenter
at LM Q3 Melbourne metro city workshop

Raedy for BODYBALANCE but first let me take a selfie

Selfie in the yoga studio of Virgin Active Bourke St

As I wasn't allowed to shower and use the shower facilities there, I walked over to Fitness First QV Platinum which is just down the road, just to shower.

Against the wind and cold weather, I walked down Bourke St in my workout gear!

Amazed by the sheer size and cleanliness of FF QV!

Fitness First QV Platinum

Locker

I love the shower! Half doors.

Clear glass steam room that ensures you can see through, albeit too small.

Workout floor

More selfie in the locker room

After showering, I headed to Eureka Tower where my complimentary ticket to the Skydeck 88 awaits.. I have the opportunity to experience The Edge at Eureka Skydeck.. The Edge is basically a moving glass cube that juts out of the building some 200m above ground..

My verdict: So so. I was expecting the glass to be clear! Not cloudy. Being shrouded takes the thrill away in my opinion..


Eureka Tower standing tall at Southbank

Australia's highest post box.. Did I send a postcard? No I didnt.

The Edge Eureka Skydeck 88 

The wrist band that says "I survived THE EDGE". LOL.
Below is Flinders St station.

What a windy windy chilly evening! 

Flinders St Station and Federation Square

How THE EDGE looks like from the outside..
After that, I went down to Flinders St Fitness First Platinum to take a look.. and it didn't disappoint me.. It also has an outdoor workout area overlooking Flinders St station!

Lounge

This is an air shower. Quite powerful air coming down from above.
Don't really know what it is for but I guess it's to blow dry those who are drench in sweat,
in hope they don't use the hairdryer to blow dry their clothes and what not. 

Since I am sharing about FF Platinum Flinders Street, I added these 2 photos taken on my last day in Melbourne just before leaving for the airport..

The outdoor workout area of Flinder St FF, overlooking Flinders St station

It's so nice I couldn't resist taking a selfie! HAHA!

Last but not least, some photos taken in and around Melbourne on my walkabouts :)

Flinders St station, from Southbank

Love locks on the pedestrian bridge

Southern Cross Station

Poof Doof - the last gay bar standing in Prahran on Chapel St

Clock tower of Flinders St station

I think this is Bourke St

I think this is Bourke St too.... 

.. to be continued ...
>> Melbourne City










No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!

So firstly, I would like to wish you guys a very Happy New Year 2023! I spent the New Year's holiday with my boyfriend in Thailand, in P...

Popular Posts